Why Wedding Dress Belts Are Necessary
Indeed, wedding dress belts emphasise femininity and elegance of the bride’s silhouette. One cannot do without this accessory if the waistline is weakly expressed or hip to chest ratio is disproportional.
So, wedding dress belt allows a bride:
- Emphasise the waistline.
- Make a bridal look individual and bright.
- Harmoniously complement a bridal gown. Thus, A- line dresses, Greek-style dresses, and multi-way dresses may look incomplete without a belt.
- A bride should be careful when deciding to wear a bridal dress belt if:
- Dress is richly decorated. This accessory can be lost among numerous rhinestones, beads, flowers, ribbons, and other decorative elements.
- A dress style does not provide for its availability. Thus, a pencil dress or a mermaid dress looks seamless without the belt.
- A bride chooses a draped back dress and wears lace bridal wrap or another bridal cape.
- A bride is pregnant. In this case, the belt puts pressure on the baby bump. And it is harmful to the baby. To look beautiful without the belt, the bride should find a suitable maternity wedding dress.
Peculiarities of Wedding Dress Belts Choice
To choose the right width of the wedding dress belts, it is necessary to take into account the style, colour, and fabric of the dress. Equally important is the body type of the bride.
There are four major belt width options:
- Firstly, narrow belt with the width of up to 4 cm. It fits tiny, slender girls. Such a belt emphasises the proportionality of the bride’s body, as well as her femininity and elegance.
- Belt with the width of 5-7 cm. It is the best option to correct the figure visually. Thus, when placed just above the waistline, the belt visually lengthens legs and makes silhouette slimmer.
- Belt with the width of 10 cm. It suits the girls with the average figure size. Therefore, these girls may have weakly expressed waist.
- Corset belts with the width over 10 cm. They make chest and waistline expressive. Furthermore, these belts have excellent corrective properties. Both slender and plump brides can select corset belts.
Materials for Making Wedding Dress Belts
It is possible to make wedding dress belts using:
- Satin. It is the best suited to create a classic bridal look. It looks nice even without ornaments, but the bride can experiment. Embroidery, lace or brooch can perfectly complement a satin belt.
- Silk. It is ideal for the wedding dresses made of organza, chiffon, and lace.
- Organza. This option will make a harmonious duet with the bridal gowns made of chiffon, crepe-de-chine, silk, and satin.
- Taffeta. It effectively looks with the bridal dresses sewed of poplin jacquard.
A bridal belt without decoration or with minimum decoration would be appropriate as a complement to the puffy bridal gown. In this case, bows, buckles or small beads can decorate a belt. Moreover, such a belt is also good for the loose fitting bridal gowns.
Here its task is to emphasise the contrast between the bodice and skirt. The minimalistic silk or satin belt harmonises with the lace bodice dress. The rhinestone encrusted belts and the belts with embroidery, beads, and pearls give the bridal look shine and elegance.
At the wedding dress shop Ingrida bridal, many wedding belts of different designs and colours are available. Our wedding belts are made of satin, taffeta, chiffon, and organza and richly adorned. This type of the wedding accessories will make your bridal gown truly luxurious. Select the appropriate wedding belt here to decorate your bridal outfit and emphasise the dignities of your beautiful figure.