Chiffon in Wedding Fashion
Lightness, airiness, romantic appeal, and sexuality are the features which are inherent in any clothing made of chiffon. Today, chiffon wedding dress is insanely popular. Therefore, almost all fashion designers create their own masterpieces of chiffon. It is worth mentioning that the designers began to use chiffon to make wedding dresses relatively recently, in the mid- the 1960s. That is because of transparency and grain of cloth. Formerly, restraint and modesty were the indispensable elements of any wedding ceremony, while chiffon highlighted a bride’s sexuality which everyone tried to avoid.
Later, the designers tried to create a wedding dress of nontransparent chiffon which only enlightened silhouette. Besides, the designers started to make chiffon over satin dresses.
Currently, most chiffon wedding dress models owe their origin to the magnificent Graeco-Roman Period. Helen of Troy wore beautiful airy chiffon garments. Today, wearing a chiffon dress, any woman can feel like a symbol of beauty and love. In addition, thanks to the fabric weightlessness, any bride can flutter like a butterfly in a chiffon bridal gown.
Advantages of Chiffon Wedding Dress
Certainly, a chiffon wedding dress has numerous advantages. Let’s turn our attention to the main ones. So, they are:
- A chiffon dress creates its own special atmosphere and mood. It is associated with tenderness and a certain mystery.
- A chiffon bridal gown does not hinder movements. It is convenient and perfectly fits the figure. Therefore, in such a dress, a bride will feel comfortable and natural.
- Wedding outfits from this light and perfectly breathable fabric are the best suited for the sea inspired weddings or for summer wedding ceremonies.
- A chiffon bridal outfit is suitable for all brides without exception. Any girl in such a wedding dress looks feminine, refined, and delicate.
- A chiffon dress easily flows along the body beautifully cascading and hiding extra weight if available.
- This wedding outfit will never overload a bridal look.
- Chiffon is a lightweight fabric. So, a wedding dress, even a very puffy one, will not be heavy.
- A great option for pregnant brides. Flowing gowns made of pleasant to the touch chiffon visually lengthen a bride’s silhouette.
Chiffon Wedding Dress: Popular Dress Styles
Chiffon is a wonderful fabric. Hence, it can do wonders for any wedding dress, regardless of its style. However, most often one can find the following chiffon wedding dress styles:
- Greek style. Usually, it is a long empire waist white or ivory bridal gown. It can be strapless or not. Empire waist silhouette chiffon dress makes a bride look slimmer and emphasizes beautiful breasts. Furthermore, chiffon Grecian bridal gowns are ideal for pregnant women, even in the third trimester.
- Short wedding dress. It is just a perfect wedding outfit for a beach ceremony. Firstly, a short chiffon bridal gown does not become wet and doesn’t get dirty. Secondly, a bride will not suffer from the heat even on the hottest day. Besides, a bride can choose not only a white short chiffon dress but also a champagne-colored, pale pink or blue one.
- Vintage style. Glamorous vintage chiffon bridal gowns enjoy great popularity now. The availability of bead embroidery in white, champagne or ivory colors characterizes these dresses.
At our bridal shop, you will find a large selection of chiffon wedding dresses in different styles. Choosing one of these dresses, you will certainly look stunning. Contact us immediately, and we guarantee that you will get an ideal chiffon bridal gown for your ideal wedding!