A-Line Wedding Gowns: The Most Recognizable Silhouette
A-line wedding gowns are the most agreeable choice for the sophisticated and elegant brides who prefer the classics. We owe the term “A-line” to the famous couturier Christian Dior. He introduced it back in 1955. But to tell the truth, at that time the clothing design only vaguely resembled the modern A-line silhouette. So, only Dior’s successor, Yves Saint Laurent gave the dress a final look and the distinctive shape. Thus, it was he who presented his collection in 1958 where the A-line silhouette has been significantly improved. Since that time, the A-line dress exists in unchanged shape. Moreover, it has become the most recognisable bridal gown silhouette.
The A-line bridal gowns gradually expand from the waistline to the hemline. Usually, it is a one piece dress. Moreover, it is a distinctive feature of such a bridal outfit. It is possible to achieve the a-line shape due to the use of special seams starting at the arm holes and ending at the hem. Due to this, the dress accentuates the waistline and at the same time hides the figure faults.
The wedding fashion does not stand still. So the modern designers are doing their best to improve the A-line bridal gown making it even more aesthetically attractive and comfortable.
A-Line Wedding Gown for Your Body Shape
Of course, every bride wants to look stunning at the wedding ceremony. That is why all the brides aspire to choose the form-fitting gown. However, not everyone knows which search criteria to adhere when choosing the bridal outfit. First of all, you need to take into account your body shape to make the best choice of the A-line wedding dress. Thus, the body shapes include:
- Triangle. The girls with this body shape have a slim waist, but wide hips. In this case, it is desirable to buy an off-the-shoulder v neck A-line bridal gown.
- Hourglass. This body type is characterised by the small waist. However, the bust and hips are of the same or almost of the same size. The classical high neckline A-line dress is the best choice here.
- Rectangle. The athletically built brides with poorly pronounced waist should choose the A-line wedding gowns made of heavy fabrics. The flared bottom part of the dress gives such a bride’s figure femininity.
- Apple. When the bust, waist, and hips are almost of equal size, it is better to wear an off-the-shoulder A-line bridal gown with sweetheart neckline.
- Inverted Triangle. In fact, it is a man’s body shape. So, it is advisable to choose a sleeveless A-line bridal gown with plunging neckline or halter neckline. Also, the dress should have a full skirt.
As you can see, every bride can afford a beautiful and unusual A-line bridal outfit. And the main thing is to emphasise the best features of your figure.
A-Line Wedding Gown: Design Peculiarities
As a rule, the A-line wedding gowns are sleeveless or have spaghetti straps. These dress designs are great especially for those who can boast of the ideal arms and shoulders. However, of course, this does not mean that the rest of the beautiful ladies cannot wear the A-line bridal outfits. For example, it is possible to perfectly hide unattractive arms and broad shoulders if the bride chooses the right bolero matching her strapless A-line dress. Another successful solution to this problem is the elegant A-line bridal gown with lace sleeves and lace bodice. Thus, such a dress not only disguises the figure problems but also adds more charm and chic to the bridal look!
Today, many brides prefer simple A-line wedding dress options with a detachable skirt. Thus, at the beginning of the wedding celebration, the bride can impress the guests with a classic A-line wedding gown. So later in the evening, she will surprise everyone with a stunning mini dress. However, there is a huge variety of the floor-length A-line bridal gowns, and the A-line dresses in an asymmetrical hem.
A wide range of decorative elements will also please any bride. Most often, the designers use the following decorative elements for the A-line bridal outfits:
- Guipure lace. It gives the bridal gown luxurious and sophisticated look.
- Drapery. It allows the bride to emphasise the beauty of her figure or hide some figure faults.
- Handmade appliques. They make a dress really unique and exquisite. Undoubtedly, no one will have a similar A-line dress.
- Bright ribbons or rhinestone belts. They accentuate slender waist and add zest to the A-line wedding gown.
Our A-Line Wedding Gowns
The combination of modesty, sensuality, elegance and romantic appeal are the A-line wedding gowns from the Ingrida Bridal Shop. Thus, in our wedding boutique, you will find a breath-taking collection of exclusive A-line wedding dresses. They are created specifically to emphasise the brides’ tenderness and perfect taste. Besides, we are constantly improving our work. Moreover, we are ready to implement new ideas that will ensure the best price-quality ratio. Also, we follow the latest wedding fashion trends and regularly renew the range of wedding dresses and accessories. Furthermore, you can always order a custom wedding dress from us. Good luck choosing your special A-line dress! Let the sparks of happiness in your eyes complement your dress!